Professional Regulation

I am both a Barrister of England & Wales regulated by the Bar Standards Board (289-293 High Holborn, London WC1V 7HZ, United Kingdom) and a Rechtsanwalt admitted to the bar in Germany, where I am a member of the Frankfurt Bar Association (Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt, Bockenheimer Anlage 36, 60322 Frankfurt am Main, Germany) both as a Rechtsanwalt and as a Registered Foreign Lawyer.

I pride myself on providing an excellent service.  If you have any concern or complaint about the quality of my legal services I encourage you to raise it immediately with me in person, by telephone or by email.  If this does not resolve the matter to your satisfaction you are entitled to make a formal complaint.

The formal procedure will depend upon whether I have accepted your matter as a Barrister or as a Rechtsanwalt.

For matters I accept as a barrister, you may address a formal letter of complaint to me with details of the complaint and what you would like done about it.  I shall reply to your complaint within 21 days with my proposals for resolving the complaint.  Alternatively you may take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman at: PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, UK, Tel: 0300 555 0333, Website:  The Bar Standards Board has a Professional Conduct Department with a Complaints Information Line (Tel: 020 7611 1445, Fax: 020 7611 1342).

For matters I accept as a German Rechtsanwalt or as a Registered Foreign Lawyer, the relevant professional rules and regulations can be viewed under the “Berufsrecht” section of the Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer website (  You may request a dispute with me to be settled out of court by the Frankfurt Rechtsanwaltskammer (pursuant to section 73 (2) no. 3 in connection with section 73 (5) of the Federal Regulations for Lawyers, BRAO) or by the Federal Conciliation Body (Schlichtungsstelle der Rechtsanwaltschaft) of the Federal Chamber of Lawyers (section 191f BRAO).The contact details of the latter may be found on the Internet site of the Federal Chamber of Lawyers ( or you may e-mail them at