I am an English Barrister and a German Rechtsanwalt (and also admitted but not currently practising as an English Solicitor-Advocate). I qualified in London as a Solicitor in 1986, becoming a Solicitor-Advocate in 2005, and both an English Barrister and a German lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) in 2012. I have worked in London, Hong Kong, New York and Germany (Frankfurt and Cologne). After many years as a Partner of Hogan Lovells International LLP I commenced my own practice as an independent legal professional in 2012, both in London and in Germany. I have also been a consultant and partner of Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP in London and a Consultant to the World Bank on foreign investment policy. I joined the law firm Osborne Clarke in January 2017, where I work from their Cologne office.
Details of my current practice, education and training, languages, memberships and lecturing appear in individual pages of this section.
- ICSID to Update Rules & Regulations
- Hague District Court Sets Aside ‘Yukos’ Arbitration Awards under Energy Charter Treaty
- Vietnam endorses European Commission’s Proposal for a Two-Tier Investment Court System in new FTA
- EU Commission proposes new Investment Tribunal to replace Investor-State Arbitration in TTIP Negotiations
- Walter Bau Insolvenzverwalter mit Allen & Overy und Robert Hunter erfolgreich gegen Thailand