I specialise in international law and international commercial and investment dispute resolution.
Recent matters have included:
- advising a joint venture of International Oil Companies and a state oil company in relation to the stabilisation of the legal regimes for natural gas transit routes across a number of states for the exploitation of a major gas field, including engaging in negotiations for intergovernmental and host government agreements,
- acting as lead counsel in an ICC Arbitration arising out of a share sale and purchase agreement,
- acting as co-counsel in German court proceedings concerning the recognition and enforcement of an investment treaty award,
- acting as Senior Consultant to the World Bank advising governments on investment policy reform,
- advising on claims arising out of an SPA (including possible LCIA arbitration and injunction proceedings in London)
- presiding over an ICC tribunal in an arbitration in Switzerland to determine a claim by a Middle Eastern company against a Germanophone European plant manufacturer concerning a steel plant in Asia and
- acting as sole arbitrator in a dispute concerning the disposal of media rights.