International Arbitration and Investment Law
I specialise in the resolution of complex international disputes. I have 30 years’ professional experience. I am dual-qualified (UK and Germany) and have lived and worked in London, New York and Germany (Frankfurt/Cologne).
I am listed among the world’s Leading International Arbitration Lawyers in Global Arbitration Review’s “The International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration“, where I have been described as “a ‘real specialist’ recognised for his work as counsel and arbitrator”. JuVe has recognised me as a ‘Leading Name in Arbitration’ and as having “outstanding expertise in this specialist segment [of investment-related arbitration] and reliable contacts to state institutions”.
My Core Competences include:
- Management of complex international disputes relating to capital projects (incl. EPC), M&A, joint ventures, government projects and investment treaties
- Advocacy before international tribunals (incl. investment treaty arbitration and international commercial arbitration)
- Law and policy of foreign direct investment, including stabilisation
- Sitting as Arbitration Tribunal as chair, co- or sole arbitrator (ICC, LCIA, DIS, etc.)
- Recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards.
In January 2017 I joined the law firm Osborne Clarke. I was formerly a partner of Hogan Lovells for over 10 years and a Senior Consultant to the World Bank on investment policy reform.
You can contact me at Osborne Clarke or via the ‘Contact’ page. I look forward to hearing from you.
- ICSID to Update Rules & Regulations
- Hague District Court Sets Aside ‘Yukos’ Arbitration Awards under Energy Charter Treaty
- Vietnam endorses European Commission’s Proposal for a Two-Tier Investment Court System in new FTA
- EU Commission proposes new Investment Tribunal to replace Investor-State Arbitration in TTIP Negotiations
- Walter Bau Insolvenzverwalter mit Allen & Overy und Robert Hunter erfolgreich gegen Thailand